Friday, October 06, 2017

WebOct 6

There are loads of backing tracks to sing along to on YouTube if you want a bit of Karaoke but if you want to go one step further then the site for you is

AMERITZ

There are thousands of professional backing tracks which are all very well, but the addition that they have over some others, is the chance to change the key that the music is in so it sits comfortably in your range. They are great for practicing with before performances, even if you are just chorus and often proves that you haven't learnt the words half as well as you think whilst you've been practicing against a recording with the lyrics sung. I tend to use them for singing but actually they would also be good for solo instrumentalists.

Lots of different genres and with the occasional sale there are times when you can pick them up very cheaply.

A bit of a niche site perhaps but an important one for me.

3 comments:

Masher said...

I thought this one might come in handy for Christmas, but it looks like I need iTunes to use it properly.

Oh well.

Anonymous said...

You would not want to hear me sing!

kennamatic said...

Masher - Not sure why yours says that. I don't have iTunes and it works.

TA - I'm sure I would.