Monday, February 22, 2021

A Breed Apart

 So, if I was to get a dog, and it's a big if, particularly as The Magnificent M says we aren't having one. what would I get. I might actually like to have one and I did of course put my foot down, but not until she left the room obviously.

I know I want a dog and not a glorified hairy rat. So no yorkshire terrier or chihuahua for me!

I'm perfectly safe in my masculinity so I don't need a macho dog, like a Rottweiler, bull terrier or bulldog.

Nor are we made ofmoney so the feeding costs mean Great Danes, St Bernards and other oversize dogs are out.

In fact I probably only have three dogs I would consider.

In third :  In reality I probably would rule this out but I love Bedlington Terriers. But in the end I think it's probably not quite "dog" enough even though I love the look of them.

Second : This is my runner up and may in the end be the winner. Of course, they are as mad as a sack of monkeys, but a cocker spaniel appeals greatly. A friend in the past had one and so does a friend now. Both completely mad. But loveable and a bundle of fun.

The Winner : Firstly, I think it is a good size for a dog. Secondly, they always appear to be grinning. Thirdly, I was born in the area they are named after.  It's one of these. An Airedale Terrier!







2 comments:

Masher said...

That's one handsome-looking hound, Dave.
He'd look good, taking you for a walk.

Brennig said...

Well, as a two-spanner household we are obviously biased (but we went for sprockers - being the cross between Springer and Cocker). But that Airedale looks like he could take you out for a tow across the fields!