Thursday, February 25, 2021

New Toy

 I got a new phone today. We had to reduce the mobile contract I was on from extortionately expensive to something reasonable. Because we had an all singing and dancing package when we were working, which meant having calls to everyone in the world, it was costing a frog's leg short of €90 a month. Thankfully we have got it down to €19.99 a month. Unfortunately, because it is a change to an existing contract there was no phone with it and I was using a substitute phone as I'd broken the original and the present one was dying on it's feet, or mainly on it's screen upon which I drop it with regularity.

I was just sighing with resignation when TMM asked whether she was due an upgrade. Indeed she was, so she enquired whether I could have it instead. And they agreed! Huzzah.

I couldn't get what I would really like, the latest Samsung, S20? because although an upgrade we had to pay for a proportion of the cost and that was still astronomical, but for just a €1 coin I was able to get the latest A42 release. It has four llenses on the back which may or may not be good. I'll know when I take a photo, but what is better, is it ships with 128gb storage. I am faint with excitement. The phone it replaced had 16gb and I only had 600mb spare. I listen to downloaded audiobooks on it so I had to delete one to get the next one on. Now I can store a virtual library on there.

Until I start apping it up. Which reminds me, I need to get the geocaching one on there.

3 comments:

Masher said...

Geocaching? I haven't given it up as such, but then, I kind of have. I haven't done any for months. I might even let my premium membership expire, this year.

Good news on your new wireless telephony device. I was going to get myself a new one towards the end of last year, as my old one started playing up. Having spent a considerable amount of time on deciding what to go for, I showed Mrs Masher, and she banned me from buying it, as she had already bought it for me for Christmas. Result!

kennamatic said...

I've never had the Premium membership. Was never really doing enough to warrant it. And I've not actually been caning it since we got here but it is something we might go back to now we have more time.

Brennig said...

I'm paying £90/month to Vodafone for 2x phones, calls, texts, etc, etc. I think I can drop both down to SIM only in a couple of months. I can hardly wait!