Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Reality TV

 I love a bit of property tv, whether that be Escape To The Country, Location Location Location, (so good they named it thrice), or those buying property abroad. In fact they are partly responsible for us living in France. Through a friend I vaguely know Amanda Lamb who used to present one and has started presenting another on HGTV. I'd love to present one but I am afraid I wouldn't have the patience with the punters involved. 

There was one this evening looking for a place in Spain. She was taken to one apartment and decided it was too urban. So, off to another apartment that was a little quieter and she thought she might be lonely. It was still on a development! 

And the number of times people are downsizing and then complain the rooms aren't as numerous or as large as the house they have now. I just want to scream "what bit of downsizing are you failing to understand!".

But then, that is partly the pleasure of it as well. 

2 comments:

Masher said...

I don't like those shows.
Or the house makeover ones.
Partly because I'm not a fan of reality TV shows.
But mainly because Mrs Masher likes to watch them, as they giver her "ideas".
Expensive ones.

Brennig said...

I think the new rules (that Brits can only stay in EU countries for just 90 days in any 180-day period, and that EHICs will no longer work, once expired) might clip the wings of Brits wishing to retire to warmer places. I'm certainly unhappy with those rules as I was going to spend Summer and possibly Winter 2022 down on the Med