Saturday, February 13, 2021

Old Rockers

 I get used to hearing this singer or that one from my youth is old. I think we are all aware that the Rolling Stones are about 230 years old each. But just occasionally I get surprised by someone being much older than I thought. Now, I know the Moody Blues started in the 60's because I had Go Now as a single I got for a cheap price at a jumble sale. But I really associate them with the seventies when I was in my mid-late teens and I tend to think of those singers being not much older than me. So I was surprised whilst watching Sky Arts tonight doing a retrospective of their work that Justin Hayward is 74. 74!!! He can't be. I danced to Nights in White Satin at many a disco and I'm sure he wasn't much older than me. But he was, 10 years older. 

And The Magnificent M has a connection to Justin Hayward. I may have mentioned it before, but his Mum taught her to cook at school. Perhaps we'll have Nights in, Tarte Tatin.

I'll get my coat.


3 comments:

Masher said...

Was that whole post written just so you could squeeze that pun in at the end?
You should be ashamed of yourself, Dave.

As puns go though, it wasn't bad :)

Brennig said...

I'm currently learning Knights in White Satin. Having a lot of trouble with the bar F chord

kennamatic said...

Masher - Actually the pun was an afterthought, but I'll still take the accolade.

Brennig - Bar F is was beyond my capabilities. I make Status Quo look accomplished!