Monday, May 26, 2008

No sooner said........

I am now the proud owner of a Peugeot 406 Diesel Estate, or I will be when I've made the long trip to Darlington to get it on Wednesday. That'll be 6 hrs 50 mins on a National Express coach, but at least it only costs £6.00, a bit of a bargain, less than a quid an hour.

A tank will do 635 miles rather than 240 from the Lexus. I reckon the car will pay for itself in just a few months as it's only costing me £700. Expect to hear no more on the matter unless the car is absolutely brilliant or a complete dog.

4 comments:

Brian said...

I'm a diesel fan myself Dave but the cost of the bloody stuff is far too high at the moment.

kennamatic said...

True, but the nett pence per mile makes diesel the better value, or at least for me. Then again, we've both been driving long enough to remember when diesel was 20-30 p per litre cheaper than petrol, if not more. I wonder if LPG will do the same in years to come.

Masher said...

I have a Rover 75 diesel and its MPG is absolutely brilliant on a motorway run, but around town it is way too thirsty.

Would be interested to see how yours compares that way, as I'm looking to change - need an estate car.

kennamatic said...

I will report back if ever this tank of petrol runs out.