Blogging Up The Works

Monday, May 26, 2008

No sooner said........

I am now the proud owner of a Peugeot 406 Diesel Estate, or I will be when I've made the long trip to Darlington to get it on Wednesday. That'll be 6 hrs 50 mins on a National Express coach, but at least it only costs £6.00, a bit of a bargain, less than a quid an hour.

A tank will do 635 miles rather than 240 from the Lexus. I reckon the car will pay for itself in just a few months as it's only costing me £700. Expect to hear no more on the matter unless the car is absolutely brilliant or a complete dog.

4 Comments:

  • I'm a diesel fan myself Dave but the cost of the bloody stuff is far too high at the moment.

    By Blogger Brian, At 4:20 PM  

  • True, but the nett pence per mile makes diesel the better value, or at least for me. Then again, we've both been driving long enough to remember when diesel was 20-30 p per litre cheaper than petrol, if not more. I wonder if LPG will do the same in years to come.

    By Blogger kennamatic, At 7:44 AM  

  • I have a Rover 75 diesel and its MPG is absolutely brilliant on a motorway run, but around town it is way too thirsty.

    Would be interested to see how yours compares that way, as I'm looking to change - need an estate car.

    By Blogger Masher, At 6:45 AM  

  • I will report back if ever this tank of petrol runs out.

    By Blogger kennamatic, At 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home