Thursday, October 16, 2008

When is a meeting not a meeting?

I was in Sainsburys this morning when there was a staff announcement....

Could all department managers go to,,,,,, for this mornings huddle.

A morning huddle?

I assume this is a meeting where everyone stands round and just gets told the orders of the day. Fair enough. But letting your customers know you are having " a huddle" just makes you sound like a bunch of idiots.

Of course, it could be worse, I might have misheard and they were all off for their morning cuddle!!!!

2 comments:

graybo said...

I dunno - you immediately understood what was meant by huddle, so perhaps it was just effective communication?

/marketer

kennamatic said...

Not saying it isn't effective, just that I'm not sure it's best to give out the information over the public address system.