Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You what?

As most pubs have no sound running on their television sets they usually have what were once called sub-titles but now have a different name that I can't remember. Quite often they have BBC news on where I go and it is becoming obvious that the text is being done by voice recognition programs as there are hours of fun to be had just watching the mistakes. The best one so far was a report on the Olympic Flame being brought to the UK which informed us that "David Beckham set alight the Olympic Porch".

Bloody Arsonist!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those things leave a lot to be desired don't they? I don't recall the name of them either.

Masher said...

They have the telly on down at the donor centre and use sub-titles there. It can be most amusing to watch. Annoyingly, I can't think of any of the funny ones at the moment.

Are you thinking of Closed Captioning?

kennamatic said...

Masher - I have no idea. Am I? Although I should probably have typed - I have low Ikea, Amy?

Brennig said...

I love those mis-representations. But David Beckham setting fire to the Olympic porch? What an arsonist!