Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Broken!

Well, I thought since my chest was still hurting a bit, although a great deal better, I ought to go get an x-ray 5 weeks after the event. I was being nagged by too many people to get it done. As always it was very efficient and within minutes of the x-ray I had the results in my hand. I've broken my sternum. Yep, I appear to have broken myself in half. Perhaps if I fit a hinge system to the back and zip at the front I could open like a Russian doll. That would be fun.

Anyway, having left it 5 weeks I'm not really able to take advantage by lying on the couch like a Victorian maiden with an attack of the vapours. But that's what we are like us Northerners. Our bodies break but we still carry on. Slowly. Although I think that might be my advancing age.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How will that get fixed then?

kennamatic said...

It just knits back together. Supposedly. It is a lot better. It's just if I cough it hurts or if I sneeze it feels like my chest has exploded!

Masher said...

Crikey mate! Did you do that in the accident then?
Hope it heals up soon.

kennamatic said...

I did indeed. Think it was the seat belt that did the damage.

Brennig said...

Blimey. How on earth did you do that? It's not the kind of thing that just happens, surely?

kennamatic said...

In the van crash. Just thought it was bruising but people kept telling me I should get it x-rayed. Pretty much fine now except for sneezing and even that's not too bad now.