Saturday, September 02, 2006

THere was a German, A Mallorcan and an Englishman

Following my holiday in Mallorca I can share these observations with you for the German, Spanish and UK parts of the journey.


GERMANY


  • If you ever have a few hours stopover in Dusseldorf make sure you go out to the main part of the airport as there is bugger all near the gates.

  • SHould you wish to overthrow the German people this can be achieved by the elimination of all cheese from the country. They appear to eat nothing but cheese.

  • Lufthansa are a good airline and I'm particularly impressed with the automatic check-in machines.


MALLORCA

  • Even half way up a mountain in the middle of the island you can get a mobile signal if you need one.

  • Don't think about retiring to Mallorca. House prices are exceptionally high.

  • Diesel is 0.99 euros per litre, rather than 0.99p!

  • The streets, even away from the tourist areas, are noticeably cleaner then the UK

  • Ladies: Leather boots are an absolute bargain.


UK

  • The only delay we had in travelling was coming back in to Heathrow which took quite some time queuing to prove I was entitled to enter.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the posting but I can't find an email address for you. Do you still want to be in the Blogging Brits ring? You've moved your blog but not the code. I've put your site in the queue for now but if you could let me know one way or the other that'd be great. Ta muchly.