Thursday, November 30, 2006

There's a certain time in a mans life....

As the countdown to my 50th moves relentlessly forward, just 14 days to go, I have decided that there is something I must do. I have felt it for some time and feel now is the appropriate age to fulfill this longing. So in the next few days, maybe even in a matter of hours, I will be buying a ukelele.

Why, I cannot tell, but I feel it's something that befits a man of 50 to sit in the evening and have a quick strum.

I wonder if my mother was frightened by George Formby when she was a girl. That might explain it.

2 comments:

Masher said...

You mean I only have six years until the irresistable urge to buy a ukelele overcomes me? I have felt this desire growing slowly within me for a while now. At last, I know what it is. Thanks Dave,

Anonymous said...

I had similar urgings upon reaching my half century. Only mine was to play a squeeze box. Still unfulfilled I'm afraid.:(