Monday, November 20, 2006

When is a female not a female?

Last week Georgio Armani added his name to the calls for the ending of size zero models. He has stated that he will be usaing models that are more in keeping with normal women. They will be feminine, whihc he explains means "little breast and straight hips".

Sorry? Am I the only person left who think women should have some shape. Marj is much more "Renoir" than size zero and I'm glad of it. What he is describing is still waif-like, gamine, but mainly "masculine" or boyish.

And surely hereby lies the problem. I din't think it is too stereotypical to say that a great number of male fashion designers are gay. Therefore, is it any wonder that their ideal female model is more male than female, even if in a pretty way.

The average size woman in Britain is size 16 supposedly, therefore, when they all start patting themselves on the back for using size 10 and even 12 models they still are pandering to the minority.

Give me a real woman any day.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Give me one as well.

Masher said...

Real woman? One that can do the cooking and ironing and get the coal in without straining herself, you mean? I agree with you entirely!

Actually, my "ideal shaped" woman would have medium sized breasts, a shapely pair of hips and nice long legs.

Excuse me... I have to go now.