Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Children of the Revolution.

Just to let you know, I'm busy.

Busy, busy, busy!

Mainly with play rehearsals. 10 in the next 14 in fact. Excellent. Then it will only be three a week after that. Maybe I will fit some work in so I can earn some money soon.

Anyway, that wasn't what I was going to post about. I just thought I'd mention it. So there.

Earlier today I had the misfortune to be in Morrisons. I was attempting to use the self-checkouts as is my wont and as normal one of them didn't work. That left three. One was inhabited by someone with the hand/eye co-ordination of a retarded wombat combined with the speed of a three toed sloth on valium. The second was being assaulted by a mother and small child who were counting it as some sort of mother/chi;d bonding exercise despite the queue, no doubt so once they got home she could ignore it with a clear conscience. This left the third and final one. The one I thought would be a swift and superbly executed bit of comestible purchasing prowess. It was a young man of middle teen years. No doubt up to his acne covered neck in Information Technology and all that entails both at school and at home. And he only had two items.

Note to said young man: When you have scanned your packet of custard creams and the disembodied voice is screaming at you to "place the item in the bag" it means "place the item in the bag". The clue is in the words, "place the item in the bag"! It doesn't mean continue to hold the custard creams. It doesn't mean try scanning the custard creams again. It doesn't mean keep hold of them whilst then trying to scan the packet of crisps. And apart from which, what sort of a tea is custard creams and crisps.

So there we are, the computer generation, experts in all things technical. Still, never mind, he'll probably have other people to actually use any real technology when he is Prime Minister.

3 comments:

Masher said...

But the last time he put them in the bag, the machine screamed at him: "unexpected item in the bagging area".
And he didn't have his 3D glasses on, either.

Poor dear, didn't stand a chance!

Anonymous said...

I've never had the courage or the strength of character to use one of those!

Brennig said...

In my local Sainsbury's the other day, I was served by a checkout assistant who had, it would seem, checked out. I would have been quicker putting my trolly through one of those machines. Not a euphemism, obv.