Tuesday, February 04, 2020

It's not the cough.....

.....that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in. One of my mother's favourite little sayings that is!

However, I'm only at the cough stage this week.

I visited the UK at the end of last month for 48 hours and that was enough to catch the lurgi. I always catch something when I visit the UK. Makes no difference whether it is by car or plane, if I set foot in the UK I am going down with something. On this occasion it started within about 24 hours of getting back, and has kept going, and going. I saw the doctor last week and he gave me the favourite cough syrup of the French, cleverly named Sirop. I finished that today and although it ha stopped me coughing for a few hours at a time, the moment it wears off it starts up again. So tomorrow I return to see our doctor for the next step which will no doubt be antibiotics. I'm assuming that will kill it. I don't think I even had a chinese take-away when I was across so I don't think it will be coronavirus.

The only problem is that I have to visit the UK quickly again twice more this month. Double Pneumonia anyone?

5 comments:

Masher said...

Sorry to hear that you are unwell.

Still, at least it's a proper British lurgi you've got, not one of those limp-wristed French ones.

Brennig said...

Corona virus, you know. Drink too much fizzy pop and you'll get a nasty dose of Corona virus

kennamatic said...

Masher - You are right. A cough is a proper onamatopaeic word. In french it is a toux. Really not worth one's bother.

Brennig - Cream Soda, that was my faourite, followed by Limeade, Cherryade, Orangeade and Lemonade last. I remember the Corona Man coming round in his lorry to leave our weekly order and take the empties back. How bloody old do I sound!

Masher said...

You sound very old, Dave.
But then, so am I, because I remember the same.
Not that he delivered to us :(

Anonymous said...

Oh lordy - I am so much older than any of you and I remember the Corona man's name was Brian!