Friday, January 01, 2021

New Year - New Life

Well here I am.

January 1st and I have posted already, a 100% success record for 2021.

So, this new life malarkey. It's not a change of location as we like it too much here, but as of midnight last night The Magnificent M has retired and I am cutting right back to just some consultancy work. We are going to start enjoying living in the South of France without being tied to the house everyday for 6 months. A chance to go to the coast and lie on the beach in the summer. We haven't done that since our last holiday out here in 2014. And we can go on holiday when we want, or spend 6 weeks in the UK, or many other things you can't do when you are on call 24/7 from April to October.

And a new look to the blog. Just for a change of view.

But no new resolutions.

3 comments:

Brennig said...

Lucky you. I take it you have retained your freedom of movement through being domiciled in France?

Masher said...

Aaahhh, la belle France! I remember it well. Whether we will ever get the chance to visit it again, is yet to be seen.

Good for you, Dave. I'm envious.

kennamatic said...

Brennig - we can move from country to country to visit. We can't re-locate full time to another European country without going through the same process as a UK citizen, which we presently still are.

Masher - I'm sure it won't be impossible once covid is sorted. I'm hoping to visit the UK one day in the future!