Sunday, February 17, 2013

Canadian Songsters Germ Warfare Revenge

So far, this weekend has been taken up with the concert I mentioned the other day in which I sang "Orange Coloured Sky". As part of my intro I mentioned how I was more talented and better looking than Michael Buble who did a recent cover. He has wreaked his revenge by bombarding me overnight with a man flu germ and I lie prostrate upon the couch listening to M snoring away totally unconcerned by my physical malcondition. If it wasn't him it was an allergic reaction to singing the bloody awful "HI Ho Silver Lining" three times in 24 hours!

Today is a day off, except the morrow sees the conclusion of my first year as Chairman of Hounslow Light Opera. Perhaps I have the more dangerous Chairman Flu, that's bound to be worse than just man flu. So today I must finish writing my chairmans report. By finishing it I mean start it. And also continue to build/modify/add/subtract/tweak/hit with a hammer, various pages of that there linked HLO website what I have built. Or at least what I have filled in, thanks to some other persons coding skills.

As soon as the AGM finishes we immediately start on this year's main show, The Pajama Game. And I mean literally, as the meeting will finish about half eight and then our director will start to discuss what will happen this year.

If I get any time between all that, I need to try and do some work and pack for the trip to North Wales.

Alternatively, I may just lie here and suffer silently.

4 comments:

Masher said...

That's a hell of a post title!
You sure you don't work for the tabloids?

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

The title would draw anyone in, it was the best.

Isn't it pYjama?

Good luck with the report - do you want me to write it for you? xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to say - get well. Now!

kennamatic said...

Masher - I wouldn't stoop so low, or do I mean they wouldn't?

Toffeeapple - It would be pyjama if it was a british musical but our colonial cousins insist on spelling it with an A. I suppose we should be thankful they haven't managed to misspell the word game as well.