Wednesday, April 11, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 11

Blackpool gave me the chance to do something else that I hadn't done before. No, not that. Although I had been to clubs when I was in Birmingham it wasn't the same as what I consider "clubbing". Heaven & Hell in Blackpool was brilliant. I love dance music and for me it was at it's best in the very early 2000s. What made Blackpool so good was that no-one bothered what age you were so I could just blend in and enjoy the music as it was meant to be, 120bpm and bloody loud. It was the first time since being a teen that I wanted to be back in my teens and enjoying the present day music. I've never taken any drugs, and didn't then even though I was offered them, but I knew if I was in my teens and in that environment I would have taken ecstacy. The only time I have ever understood how good a drug could potentially make you feel.

Anyway, the song that for me sums up that entire period, is.....

Castles In The Sky - Ian van Dahl

1 comment:

Masher said...

I had my stag do up in Blackpool and, to be honest, I can't remember much about it... which is probably how it should be.

Dance music isn't something I generally listen to - except for every Sunday when Mrs M has it blaring out whilst she does the ironing - but certainly, when I've been out clubbing (in my younger days), the mixture of the music, the beat, scantily clad young girls and copious amounts of alcohol have lifted me to a heady euphoria that have made me feel like I could be on drugs.
I've never felt the need to take drugs when clubbing.
The following day though, a little Junior Disprin can be a big help.