Wednesday, April 25, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 25

Whether it's because I grew up listening to music from the 40s and 50s I appreciate a good lyric. One of the best wordsmiths is Billy Bragg. politically we are on other sidss of a very wide divide but I admire his song writing abilities greatly. Today's song has two of my favourite ever lyrics.

I loved you then as I love you still,
Though I put you on a pedestal you put me on the p.ill

and

I saw a shooting star last night, I wished and wished but it was just a satellite,
It's hard to wish on space hardware, I wish, I wish, I wish you were there.

And the whole thing is here. Kirsty MacColl - New England

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so spooky - I have had that song as an ear-worm all day long! Scary...

Brennig said...

Not only a good rendition, but Kirsty brings a quality to Billy Bragg's lyrics that few other female vocalists ever could.