Monday, April 30, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 30

So here we are, the last day. I haven't left my favourite song till last, just a song that I like and that has a line the I relate to. Halfway through is the line "Cathy I'm lost", I said, though I knew she was sleeping. "I'm hungry and aching and I don't know why". I've always thought that a powerful line and I feel the same and have for some time. Maybe it's just a midlife crisis, who knows. Anyway, enjoy the whole song.

America - Simon & Garfunkel

In addition, I get to take a book. It will be my favourite one, The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

And as for a luxury, a piano, because surely if I had enough time I could finally learn to ply it with some measure of skill.

And that rounds off my month of Desert Island Discs. As for April, just so Masher doesn't worry about my sanity, I am returning to normal blogging as and when. Three months solid has been interesting but if I went any longer I'd be thinking about trying to complete a year and that would be madness!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favourites too.

Well done for blogging daily, I'm sure you need a rest now.

kennamatic said...

Funnily enough, I think it was easier getting into the routine of posting every day than trying to do something every now and again. Anyway, thanks for following, hopefully I'll still post the odd thing of interest.

Masher said...

Well done you, you mad eejit.

Have a well deserved break... but that doesn't mean go quiet for three months!

Fern said...

It’s been an interesting month. Funny how I happened to click on your blog just as you were starting this musical odyssey.
One of my most memorable musical moments was in about 1987 when a friend and I went to see Franco Zeffirelli’s film of Verdi’s opera Othello – or Otello for those who’ve mastered Italian.
Placido Domingo sang the title role and at the end of Act II, when Othello thought Iago was his best mate (but of course he was faking it, the dirty dog) the two of them had a mighty duet, “Yes, by the marble heavens I swear”, that pinned us to our seats. Then there was an interval and we walked out into the lobby like zombies, too overwhelmed to even speak.
I couldn’t find much from the film on youtube but here’s a brief clip that gives some idea of its magnificent sweep. Zeffirelli is the man when it comes to filming Italian grand opera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5L1xkI5adw&feature=related
I’ll be off now.

kennamatic said...

Masher - I doubt I could keep quiet for long. There'll be something to rant about very shortly I'm sure.

Fern - Never seen it but I will make a point of watching at some point.Don't be off for too long, stop by and say Hi once in a while.