Friday, April 06, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 6

Moving on a few years and eventually I got engaged and then, on 21st July 1979, I was married to Gail. We'd been going out for 3 years when we got hitched and out friends supplied the Disco for the reception which our parents paid for at Daniels in West Ealing. We chose our song for our first dance. We both loved the record but was perhaps a strange choice as it revolves around a couple breaking up. Maybe it was a little portentious as our marriage actually only lasted 2 years in reality although it was a further 6 years before we divorced. I still love the song.

Stay With Me - Yvonne Elliman

2 comments:

Brennig said...

An interesting exercise, young Sir. Keep it up. Where are you going to stop?

Anonymous said...

You lasted longer than I did, I didn't wait past eleven months before quitting...

The song seems to have passed me by, I don't recognise it.