Tuesday, April 03, 2012

D.I.D. - Day 3

So, from 1968 to 1972 I pretty much only listened to classical music. But then I started drifting in to the world of Radio 1 and Top of the Pops. By now I was going out with the odd girl or two, some being more odd than others. We had started a youth club when I was 14 and so there were records playing most of the time and a bit of dancing now and then. Not that I was one to be seen on the dance floor. But when it came to slow dances, assuming I could pick up enough courage to ask someone to dance, preferably female, there was one record that stand out in the memories of all my friends. It was our slow dance.

Me & Mrs Jones - Billy Paul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your memory for times and dates, I hadn't recalled that song in those years...

kennamatic said...

Strangely enough I would have put it 2 years earlier but their Discography gives it's release year as 1975. Of course, my memory isn't up to all that so I could be confusing all sorts of things, songs and people. :)