Saturday, February 20, 2016

Blogathon Day 20 - Back Home

And so I have returned home from my sojourn in the UK. Home where I physically live. Home where I emotionally feel most at home. And home where the heart is.

I passed the exam part of the course which is good and have all the information I need to do the assignmant which I shall try to break the back of tomorrow and send off this week before I forget everything. Obviously I hope I pass, although if for some reason I don't, I am in the lucky position that my job doesn't depend on it. I got what I needed from the course and hopefully all the pools will have a good year this year whether it's by luck or good management.

I didn't find many subjects at school easy, particularly the sciences. But like many things, I do better now that I have an interest in the subject and I scored about 70% higher in this chemistry based exam than I did in my mock O'level. I still have a tendency to tune out when chemical names are bandied about, hydrochloric this and chlorinate that, but at least I now have a big fat manual to refer to every time there's a problem.

Now all I have to do is wait for the weather to get warmer and then I can open the pools and see which of my chemistry marks was the truthful one and which was the fluke.



2 comments:

Masher said...

Well done you!
I'm sure you pools will sparkle with a dazzling blue brilliance this year.

And, don't worry: you can always come back and holiday in Harpenden again next year.

Brennig said...

I hope your winning pools run continues.