Sunday, February 28, 2016

Blogathon Day 28 - Sunday Subject


This week we visited the village of Montelieu. I may have mentioned it before. It is a village of books, rather like Hay-On-Wye upon which it is modelled. One of my favourite things is this sculpture. I like it just to look at but I also like it because you can see what the sculptor wanted it to represent. Trees make books and both trees and books have leaves. You can see the progression and it's pleasing to the eye, or at least mine. Not for me a lump of granite which a sculptor thinks "represents man's inhumanity to man and shows the disenfranchisement of the masses in the face of a dictatorial regime. My tree is literal and all the better for it.

2 comments:

Masher said...

You know me: I'm not one for art and sculptures and that.
But that ones pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot.