Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not as bad as things seem.

There was a report a few months back that only just over 50% of those living in London were born in Britain. Last night there was a report on London Tonight saying that 25% of people sent to prison in the Met Police division are foreigners and how dreadful this is. Now, it took me two goes to get my maths o'level but, and I could be wrong, if the population of London is 50% foreigner but only 25% of those sent to prison are foreign, then they are under represented. Eventually, as a society we have to stop wringing our hands and worrying about how horrible we are to anyone not lucky enough to be born here. Or if not, at least be able to do maths as well as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maths never was my strong point. Dyscalculia - I has it.