Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tweeting for Beginners

I've been looking at Twitter again. I made a twit of myself about 3 years back but stopped pretty quickly. I'm thinking about it again but I've found a problem. Nobody else I know is on Twitter so I have no followers nor can I co-opt any. I can tweet to my hearts content and absolutely nobody knows. This rather makes the point of it redundant. Already today I have tweeted that I was eating a chicken burger. Three years ago I was in a pub in Yeovil. I'm about to mention pancakes. I suppose I shall do it for a few days and lapse again from lack of attention. But for the time being, I do know that Jonathon Ross has a stomach upset and Philip Schofield talked to his brother.

3 comments:

Graham Wright said...

I set up a Twitter account about a year ago and for a while posted lots of tweets but soon got bored. Also, much of what was said by others was dreary, especially the so-called celebrities.

I now only use it for the odd comment, mainly about Watford FC and it's very useful to get the footy updates from people actually at the game.

Graham Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I had an e-mail from Twitter to tell me that a band in Wales is following me. I was curious because I have never signed up to Twitter, and found that someone with my name had been drinking white wine in the rain. I only ever drink red so I know it's not me...