Saturday, February 04, 2012

The Post Nuclear Family.

As some of you may know, my youngest step sister is living in San Francisco and, because the law allowed it, she is married to her long term female partner. They have one child, father unknown but my sister being the mum. They have been talking about having a second and this time her partner will carry the child. I'm not sure how these things work but some of us were wondering whether it was possible to have the same "father" as before. What a strange set up it would be. The children would be biological half siblings by a parent they have never met and each would have a separate mother who are married to each other thus I guess, making them full siblings. Families are becoming so complicated! By the same token, I rather like the idea of the set up so I hope it's possible. But I wouldn't fancy being the genealogist of the future who tries to work it all out.

In other news.

I know it's childish but can I be the only guy who sniggered like a 10 year old knowing that the Groundhog Day proceedings take place at Gobbler's Knob? Fnaar Fnaar!

And we hear today that Chris Huhne is being taken to court, within the next 3 weeks. Some time back we heard that John Terry is going to court but not till after the Euro Championships which we "need" him for. Not that that was taken into consideration, not at all. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trying to work out family relationships in general is rather tricky especially when, as someone I know has another child who is younger than his eldest grandchild. Good luck to your sister though.

I forgot about Groundhog day, what was the result? You just found out where it was?!

Is that your cynisism showing in your lat paragraph?

Anonymous said...

Grr, last - not lat!

kennamatic said...

6 more weeks of winter. And cynical, moi?

Brennig said...

I have no opinion on either Huhne or Terry. Apart from the fact that I would invite neither to a dinner party at home. If I had dinner parties, obv.

Interesting family tree, btw.