Thursday, February 19, 2015

And So It Begins......

It has happened. Last Sunday we had a letter through our door from a young couple who had seen the flat on Saturday. They loved it, and they will be starting their married life here. So much did they love it that they offered £2000 over the asking price just in case anyone else viewed the flat in the next day or two and hit the asking price. They had let the Agent know as well and during today the agent confirmed all the preliminaries had been done and the offer was confirmed, accepted and agreed.

We are going to France bar something now going horribly wrong with the actual sales process, and it really shouldn't he says, touching everything wooden in reach.

We have confirmed with the French house owners that we are now ready, they have agreed a total price for house and business and have started the preliminaries for the French purchase.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Nous allons en France!

4 comments:

Masher said...

Zut alor!
Suddenly, it's all become very real.

Will this be the end of uptheworks? Do they have the internet in rural french France?

kennamatic said...

Strangely enough, yes they do. Except I think it is called Le Internet. (See how well I am doing at learning French already!). Blogging Up The Works may well continue, but soon, and I know you won't be able to contain your excitement, I am launching a dedicated blog for our French adventure. News of its launch shortly!

Brennig said...

I'm envious of the euphoria and excitement I am sure you're feeling. Having been through this, it's a heck of a ride. I hope you enjoy it all.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I haven't been keeping up - I was in a part of Devon that the interwebz haven't found yet.