Sunday, February 01, 2015

Another February, Another Blogathon.

Hurrah, it is that time of year when some of us put ourselves through the stress of trying to write something every day. And already I am up against it as I wake to find I have man flu. Having had a sore throat for two days and I now have a bit of a cough as well. My voice has gone down about seven octaves to make Barry White sound like a castrati which I am using to good effect by lying about on the settee moaning in a deep and sexy sort of a growl. However, The Magnificent M appears to be inured to it and is refusing to cook me a full english. How I suffer!

So the good news is that the post I would have posted today can be used tomorrow, so now I can go back to moaning loudly in the hope that I might get a decent lunch. Or maybe a roast for tea. Or possibly just a raised eyebrow and a look to me that says, yeah, like that's going to happen.

4 comments:

Masher said...

I'm sure M will eventually realise the seriousness of your condition and it won't be long before she is cooling your fevered brow with cold towels whilst hand-feeding you chicken soup and Lucozade.

Probably.

Thanks for joining in. It'll be fun.

Probably.

Again.

Brennig said...

Manflu is dangerous. I'd put up the oxygen tent, collect a book (or two) and crawl inside for a week. Or two. Maybe three.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing, how on earth will you manage to write daily whilst suffering?

I wonder if anyone ticks the 'I'm not a robot' box since you can simply press 'publish'.

kennamatic said...

Masher - Well,she did make me a Lemsip.

Brennig - Now that seems an eminently sensible precaution to protect both myself and others. I may need an intravenous drip of chilled white wine though.

Toffeeapple - I shall try my best.... I ticked it. I've just changed my laptop and this has suddenly appeared. I won't bother in future, it'll save my left mouse button from wearing out 1 click a day earlier.