Friday, February 20, 2015

The Bionic Woman

I had a day off today so we could go up and see my mum. We'd planned this a few week back although it did allow us to tell her today that we were moving so that was good. As was the fact my brother popped in so I could tell him too. However, that's a by the by.

The last time I saw my mum she was still getting over her knee replacement. Today, we walked up into town and she went off like a greyhound out of the trap. And that's with just one knee done. She now has a date for the second op in mid may. God knows what she will be like after that. I'm assuming she will be training for the next Olympics.

The good thing for us is that when we saw her last she wasn't sure she could travel as far as Southern France. Today she was working out which of the ways to travel would work best. Probably after the second op jogging might become an option.

3 comments:

Masher said...

That's excellent news.
I know of a couple of people who's knee ops have left them worse than before, but it sounds like your mum's has been a great success.

Having only had one done so far, doesn't she tend to walk round in circles? ;)

kennamatic said...

Actually, yes she does theoretically. The leg she has had done straightens more than the other and if she didn't compensate by limping she would indeed pirouette on the spot.

Brennig said...

After a horrendous riding fall over a decade ago, which left my leg's ACL, PCL, MCL, all needing repairs, and also having to have a snip of the menescal cartilage in the left kneecap. And a pin through a bone just below the left knee, the consultant surgeon said I'd be back for a new knee within two years. Well I'm still on the original one and going strong. But well done to your mum.