Thursday, February 04, 2021

Calendars at the Ready

Let me take you back 65 years ago today. At Armley Church in Leeds, on a grey and drizzly day, Edward Godfrey Longbottom married Miss Maureen Margaret Kenna. I have always remembered the date of 4th Feb but I don't associate 1956 with the year of my parents marriage but because in December that year, on the 13th, I appeared. Not by magic but the usual way and let us not dwell on that, it is my mother you know! So my normal thought is, today is Feb 4th, it's my parents wedding anniversary, I am 65 this year, it must be their 65th wedding anniversary. 

Not that in reality they got anywhere near it. They saw 18 anniversaries and that was that. They both remarried and for both, the second marriages lasted longer than their first.

But there is something important we need to concentrate on here. They were married on 4th Feb. I was born on 13th December. Yes, that is definitely more than 9 months. Phew!

1 comment:

Masher said...

Only just! ;)