Saturday, February 06, 2021

Le Meilleur Pâtissier

 Like many in this lockdown, I have been inspired to follow in the footsteps of Bake Off and attempt a little patisserie. Just the one. Well, more than one because one would be a waste of time. But just one product. Choux pastry. 

The Magnificent M\still has the cookbook she had for home economics at school. SAnd for the first and most worrying o, with the whole internet at my disposal I went with a book that was first published over 75 years ago. 

Everyone says choux pastry is the hardest pastry to do, but whether it was the recipe or my natural brilliance, and I think we all know the answer to that one, it seemed quite easy and, considering it was my first time they were damned good.

My second batch are now ready and tomorrow will be filled with creme patisserie, which I've also learned to make, And tomorrow we have friends for lunch and they will be my unknowing guinea pigs for my first completed batch of profiteroles.

I'll post again tomorrow if I haven't been arrested for poisoning.

2 comments:

Masher said...

The Great British/French Bake Off!
As you know, I can't do cooking, so I take my hat off to you, sir.
And probably my shoes and socks, as well.

Brennig said...

Chou fly don't bother me. I don't do baking. I do baking eating which is a far more rewarding experience