Saturday, February 20, 2021

Really? Really??

 If I live to be a 1000 years old I will never understand why anyone would find Ant and Dec funny. All I see are two Morecambe and Wise wannabe's but without the talent. To be fair, I've never sat through a whole episode of Saturday Night Takeaway. I have caught odd bits before and have never seen anything to change my mind. And the Santander adverts are a waste of space as well. Maybe they appeal best to the Byker Grove generation who grew up with them and not those who grew up with M & W.

And as for 17(?) national tv awards? I'm obviously missing something.

Can anyone enlighten me?

3 comments:

Masher said...

Not really, Dave. It's Horses For Courses, I suppose (think I have picked the most apt proverb there).

Different people will have different senses of humour. For instance, I cannot stand that Mrs Brown's Boys - and yet it is hugely popular... even within some parts of my family, I hate to say. I have always loved Python and Milligan, but my family cannot understand why.

As for A&D, yes, I do like them. And I do find them funny (not hilarious). SNT is an enjoyable watch that, I'm pleased to say, the whole family enjoy.

But as I say, horses for courses.

Brennig said...

Ant or Dec are the natural successors to the equally unfunny Chris wotsisname. The tall ginger one who did various shows on C4. And Mrs Brown's Boys is/are the natural successor to stubbing your toe on the way to the bathroom at 3am. Or a paper cut.

kennamatic said...

Masher - Ah, now Monty Python. I think we can both agree on that one.

Brennig - And as for Chris wotsisname we definitely have a joint loathing.