Friday, February 19, 2021

Steps

 And not the ones with the funny hand moves whilst singing Tragedy.

Many people have taken this period of lockdown to take a good look at themselves and decide they need to address their fitness levels and increase their exercise. I am not one of those people.

At the beginning of the lockdown I came down with a strange sensation that enveloped my body and made it nigh on impossible to exercise. It is called laziness.

I have been very good at it if my step counter is anything to go by.   My step counter, up until yesterday shows my best day as 3058 and my most immoblie day was 371. I mean, it is about 80 steps to come downstaira in the morning and go back up at night. so I only managed 290ish during the rest of the day.

Actually, I think the watch has been counting steps incorrectly, It doesn't think I've walked anywhere in the last 3 hours but even I am not that sloth-like.

Even so, I am somewhat short of the recommended 10,000 steps a day. And yes, I know the answer is get a dog!

3 comments:

Masher said...

You stole my comment!
I feel very similar to yourself, Dave. I keep thinking about exercising, but I really can't be arsed.
If it wasn't for the dog, I'm pretty sure my step count would be about 30.

kennamatic said...

It would be nice to have a dog, nothing against them, but we will travel quite a bit now we've given up this work malarkey, assuming anyone is ever allowed to travel again.

Brennig said...

Since my heart attack I've been on the Fitbit thing; I use it to monitor my resting heart rate, keep tabs on my horribly erratic sleep pattern and also keep a vague eye on my step count. I average 13k-14k steps a day without putting my effort in; 2x dog walks/day account for an easy 9k steps between them