Friday, February 01, 2019

And they're off......

Greetings from what has been a relatively warm South of France on this glorious first day of February and the first day of Blogathon 2019. Don't get too jealous though, it seems to be a one day wonder and we are back to 5°C and rain again tomorrow.

I am presently looking after myself for a week because the Magnificent M has returned to the UK to see youngest daughter and grand-daughter. It is now 53 hours and I am still alive, this comes as a shock to both her and me. So far I have only injured myself once in the kitchen by slicing my finger on a can lid. Had we been in the UK I could have lived on ready meals and an occasional raid on fish and chip shops. Unfortunately the French aren't very good with ready meals and there is very little fast food. We have no curry house and only one Chinese, which is Vietnamese, so just isn't quite right. Therefore I am cooking for myself. I am no masterchef. I am not even a minorchef. So it was a burger last night and it was Thai noodles tonight. Not sure what I'll manage tomorrow.

And I guess now I'll have to master the dishwasher!

2 comments:

Masher said...

You're on your own and you use a dishwasher?

If things get too bleak, drop me a mail and I'll send you over a tray of Mrs Masher's bread pudding... keep you going for weeks, that will!

Anonymous said...

I usually have something on toast, I can cope with that, not too many utensils and fast to cook. Good luck!