Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Sleeping like a baby.

Flew across with Ryanair's flying sardines service. I normally have a window seat cos I like looking where we'd be if only it wasn't cloudy. This time I decided I'd have an aisle seat with the hope of getting off the plane quickly and through passport control as soon as possible.

All the passengers appeared to have boarded and no-one had come to sit on the two inner seats and I was just getting myself into the idea that I could lounge across the three seats when an older couple turned up and that dream went out of the window. And then they sat down. With their 8 month old grandchild.

Luckily I have never had to fly with a small child next to me before. I have had some in the row in front who insist on rocking forward and back and some behind who spend the whole flight kicking the back of my seat, so I hunkered down ready for the screaming to begin. That's the baby, not me.

It didn't seem to phased at the noise of the engines as we went down the runway, it seemed more interested in trying to escape from it's baby sized seat belt that attached it to Grandad.

Then as we climbed it decided it didn't like it!

But, other than a quick grizzle it laid down and went to sleep. And it didn't wake up until we landed.

RESULT!

2 comments:

Masher said...

That IS a result. For everybody! :)

Anonymous said...

Crikey, you must have been blessed!