Wednesday, February 06, 2019

The Wanderer Returns

Firstly, here is a picture of the both of us which proves The Magnificent M isn't actually a goatee'd, tonsured monk with a bad habit.

Anyway, she is home today! Off to get her from Carcassonne Airport in a few minutes. (People might complain about Ryanair but 9.99€ is pretty good value for an 800 mile flight!).

I have survived other than that original injury and, he says proudly, although there is nothing really to be proud about, I didn't eat out once. In fact I only used a ready meal once and that was only part of a meal.

The house has been tidied to at least the point where she won't feel she immediately needs to start cleaning. I've managed to avoid doing any washing, that's clothing, not me, but she won't mind* and the cat is also still alive.

But by God I've missed her. Even though it is only a week. She'll be giving me grief later for not having finished some of the work that needed to be done, although the weather has been dreadful. I'd probably grind to a halt if she wasn't pushing me and I wouldn't have it any other way.


* other items I failed to do are available and will no doubt be pointed out.

4 comments:

Brennig said...

That's a lovely photo. And get on with your list! You know it makes sense

Masher said...

M sounds like she is just the right shade of Magnificent, for you. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cracking image, you both look so good and relaxed. Absence does make the heart grow fonder doesn't it? Glad that you are together again.

kennamatic said...

Brennig - Thanks. And I nearly completed it all!

Masher - Indeed she is!

TA - Thanks. When people ask us what we miss most about the UK we also say the stress. It's not that we don't have stress here but in London the environment was just stressful, there was no way to relax. We could never go back there to live now, in fact if we came back we would have to be in nothing bigger than a small town. We've got used to the space.