Saturday, February 02, 2019

Oh No You Didn't!


Oh yes I did!

Once again I trod the boards this last December bringing joy and happiness* to the masses in the hilarious tale of Robin Hood. Having played the baddie last year as Long John Silver I rather fancied myself as The Sheriff of Nottingham. Unfortunately the director had other ideas and so I ended up being Little John. Out of the four Merry Men we had plus our new recruit I was actually the only man, such are the trials and tribulations of amateur dramatics. Worse for the Magnificent M was that she ended up being Friar Tuck. Not her favourite role ever. And she will kill me because she appears on the video link below!

One of the reasons that I ended up being Little John was that the director wanted me to sing Bring Him Home for Les Mis. I am never going to get to play Jean Valjean on stage so for two and a half minutes I suspended the character I was meant to be and transported myself to my favourite musical.

The result is below. Not sure it is my best performance ever but it was nice to get a chance to tick it off the list of songs I've wanted to sing.

Bring Him Home

*it may in fact have brought despair and depression.

3 comments:

Masher said...

Not a bad job, at all.

And M is rocking that magnificent haircut :)

Anonymous said...

That wasn't very cheery was it? Well done though! Was this in UK?

kennamatic said...

Masher - Yeah, the wig, make-up goatee and shapeless habit were not her favourite costume ever on stage. Or off stage for that matter.

TA - of course it wasn't, Robin had just gone off to rescue Marian on his own and was going to fall into the Sheriffs evil plan!!!! It was in France. 80% British audience groaning and 20% French audience looking very confused.