Monday, February 25, 2019

Local Laughter

Well, not now, but before we came to France.

Milton Jones is one of the best one liner comedians about. Not for him building a 10 minute set about a visit to the local garden centre. He might do about a minute on that and still pack in more jokes than the 10 minute monologue that story based comedians would come up with.

He's different to Tim Vine who is the king of puns. Slightly more quirky.

He was born in Kew, and lives in Twickenham and is a stalwart of the Ealing Comedy Festival.

I've only heard him do the odd slot on the radio but listened today to an entire cd. I think that might be as much as you can take in one sitting but I shall have a listen to another one tomorrow.

One of my favourite bits today - My grandad was really ill so my grandma put lard all over his back, he went downhill fast after that.

2 comments:

Masher said...

"Someone has left a load of Lego on my desk... I don't don't know what to make of it."
Tim Vine has his own show on the radio, which is pretty good. Radio 4xtra, I've recorded a few.

Love Milton Jones.

But yes, there is only a certain amount of punning that one can take in one go.

Anonymous said...

And I cannot abide either one of those men! Odd isn't it, how senses of humour differ?