Friday, February 08, 2019

Loupia Lopping

So today, thanks to the weather turning somewhat warm and hitting 18° we took to the garden. We have a wisteria coming across the back of house and has entwined itself along a frame that covers a small terrace. It's very pretty when it is in flower. It is also a bloody nuisance when the blossom all falls off!

Armed with a pruning saw, loppers, and a steely will, I have cleared half of it. The easy half. The bit that is left is the stuff that has entwined itself around the frame and needs to be cut off in small pieces. I wouldn't mind it I could get my chain saw to if but the metal is so embedded it is not an option. Also, we are trying to do it slightly on the quiet so our neighbour doesn't realise what we are doing. Not that he minds, but being German he will have a more superior way of doing it and we haven't got time to listen to him and cut the wisteria back.

So, if we have another nice day tomorrow, I shall be reprising my role as Alan Titchmarsh and savaging the bastard thing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last sentence is a classic! Do what you want, to your Wisteria.

Thank you for the giggle.

Masher said...

You do know that Alan Titchmarsh also writes erotic literature?

I look forward to that post!