Thursday, February 14, 2019

Vroom Vroom


I like the cars I have had. I sit in them and I enjoy driving them. It’s rare I find I car I don’t enjoy driving. I drove my first hybrid a year ago even if it was just a hire car and it took the entire weekend to work out how the switching between fuel and electric was carried out. I am presently driving the 17th Peugeot I have owned. But since the 1st car I ever owned, an Austin 1100, I haven’t done much in the way of mechanics. It is not my forte. To be fair, it doesn’t really interest me. I can’t tell a tamping sprocket from a grunge plate or some such. I don’t care whether it has 6 cylinders, 150bhp, and double overhead cams, I just want to sit in it and enjoy driving.

So it comes as a bit of surprise that I am obsessed with watching Car SOS. It isn’t that I like just the personal story, or the design of the car and its’ aesthetics, I am actually interested in the mechanics, the stripping down of engines, gearboxes, clutch and brake systems. Who’d have thought it?
I’m certainly not going to be rushing out and stripping down any vehicles in the near future, I am the sort of person who can take two nuts off a bolt and then drop one down a drain or put two back and still have one left over but I might mess a round with an old pool pump for the fun of it.

3 comments:

Masher said...

Not heard of Car SOS.

17th Peugeot? Crikey! Bit of a love affair there, Dave!

I've just worked it out, and I have only ever owned seven cars (not counting any company cars (of which, I've had two)).

kennamatic said...

I think it is on More 4, each evening at 7pm. Yep, you could definitely say I am a Peugeot fan.

Anonymous said...

I have recently retired from driving after selling my second car to someone who was taking it back to Bulgaria - well, it was lefthand drive.

I've had three bikes; I used to help build Tribsas and other hybrids, sure I would be unable to do so now!