Sunday, June 19, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 19

A Song That I Listen To When I’m Sad.

Interestingly, it is always a song that mirrors the mood rather than change it when I choose what to listen to.

This one is no different and is a song that I can wallow in sadness with for a time. It's a break up song. John Denver is probably better known for his country numbers and also Annies Song, written for his first wife. This song is not part of his country ouevre but I am assuming it was written at the time of his break up from his fisrt wife. If not, then I think the experience played a great part in the writing of it.

So, here is my wallowing song. It's a live recording and for reasons he explains at the start, there are a few wrong notes on the piano, but there wasn't a particuarly good studio vrsion available on you tube.

John Denver - Seasons of the Heart



2 comments:

Brennig said...

That's an interesting choice. And something I don't know. Which is unusual.

Masher said...

Never been a Denver fan.
In fact, whenever I hear his name, I'm always reminded of the Monty Python sketch where he is killed off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_o2prHy4Ho