Blogging Up The Works

Friday, June 17, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 17

A Song That I Listen To When I’m Angry.

I'm quite partial to a bit of Eminem when I'm riled but there is one record that means more to me when angry than any of his.

Back in 1983 I locked horns with my branch manager when I worked for an insurance company in Birmingham. It didn't end well for me, not because I was in the wrong, but in those days the company involved felt it was necesary to back a manager regardless of the circumstances. For a month I was forced to go in and work in a seperate room so I had no contact with the other staff.

To start each day, I would get ready for work, and before leaving it would be on with the headphones, volume up high, and focusing on the day ahead. The song that prepared me for a new days fray was

Anarchy In The UK - The Sex Pistols

3 Comments:

  • Ha ha. I had this on just the other day, whilst I was doing the washing up.
    Mrs Masher walked in to the kitchen, muttered some expletive and walked straight back out again.
    No taste, some people.

    By Blogger Masher, At 7:40 AM  

  • Now that, my friend, is an excellent angry track!

    By Blogger Brennig, At 5:50 PM  

  • Masher - You and your punk lifestyle! I can't help thinking that the Pistols didn't envisage people washing up when they recorded that.

    Brennig - Best played at 12, because 11 just isn't loud enough.

    By Blogger kennamatic, At 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home