Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 29

My all time favourite song.

It's difficult to think of just one song as my favourite. There are many that mean a lot and some of those have already been listed on previous days for different reasons. Wild West Hero by ELO is a very strong contender or maybe The Last Resort by the Eagles which I can't believe hasn't cropped up somewhere and would probably have been my choice up until a few years back when I started listening to Nancy Griffiths. Another singer I came to via Radio London although in this case it was actually before they launched. For the month before going to air they promoted themselves with a song list and amongst those was From A Distance by Nancy. I liked the song enough to find out more about her and then realised I liked a lot of her music. She's what I guess would be New Country by genre.
However, the song I have chosen is a duet with one of her backing band. I have sung it in concert with a friend. And when I picked Galveston for a previous category becaue I'd been there this reminds me of that visit too as I drove this road to get there.

I never tire of hearing this nor singing along.

Gulf Coast Highway - Nancy Griffiths

1 comment:

Brennig said...

Nope, another one you've given me that I haven't heard before.