Saturday, June 25, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 25

A Song From My Childhood

I am of such a vintage that in the days when I was no'but a lad children didn't really listen to pop music, we had our own records and indeed our own little record players. Amongst the records I owned, along with a number of nursery rhymes, were Tubby the Tuba by Danny Kaye, Big Rock Candy Mountain by Burl Ives and Sparky's Magic Piano by I can't remember who. Once we got to 7 or 8 we would listen to Junior Choice, (no, I'm not old enough to remember Uncle Mac!!), and some of those records came up again, but there was another I particularly liked. And in retrospect I can see how partly the appeal comes from it's comedy value and "cleverness" of concept, something I am still impressed with whether it be a full blown song or the putting together of "one song to the tune of another" in I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue".

Today I present for you.....

The Highway Code - The Master Singers



2 comments:

Masher said...

WTF?

Brennig said...

Yep, heard it many moons ago. My stepfather was really in to it. And, BTW, I am a significant ISIHAC fan.