Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June Music Blogathon

My favourite song from the last decade.

My favourite song? I'm not even sure I can think of a song from the last decade. I've been trying to rack my brains as to what CDs I might have bought in the last 10 years and I know I've bought quite a lot but I can't remember them. And I've certainly bought a few here in France, particularly by Renaud, who as far as I can describe is a punk, folk, rock, traditional singer. A bit of an enfant terrible when he started in the late 70s and still popular now.

And whilst writing this I've just realised I bought a cd here the other week. The first by a group I've liked the music to but never bought anything prior. It's from their CD Drone which I guess is a concept album as I think all the tracks follow through in sort of timeline. Shows how little I know about it. There are a number of good tracks but I will go with a single. So here is

Muse - Mercy

2 comments:

Masher said...

I quite liked that.
Not sure if I could listen to a whole album though.

kennamatic said...

I think you'd quite like it. Some is like that but the last 4 tracks of the 12 are much quieter and wind down, including a re-working of Elgar's "Nimrod".