Thursday, June 23, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 23

A song that I can play on an instrument.

I'd like to think I am a consumate musician across a number of disciplines but in reality I'm a half decent singer, a passable flautist, simple guitarist and a barely competent pianist, (think about grade 1 to 2).

The only time I pick up an instrument these days tends to be open mic nights and then I accompany myself or the Magnificent M on guitar. I have slowly worked through a number of song but last time I performed I suddenly thought about doing a Cat Stevens number abd discovered the chords required for todays choice were in my competency, as long as I changed the key to something simple like C.

Luckily there is no recording of me playing it so you'll have to put up with the original.

Another Saturday Night - Cat Stevens

2 comments:

Masher said...

Blimey, compared to me, you're a one man band!
The link doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my phone.

Brennig said...

I preferred the sequel: Another Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting.

:-)