Sunday, June 26, 2016

June Music Blogathon -

A Song I Would Give My Offspring.

Hands up all those who even for a fleeting moment thought about choosing something by The Offspring. Oh, just me then.

Anyway, I didn't have to think too long about this and I had a few contenders.

First could have been Stan by Eminem. A cautionary tale of what can happen if you get obsessed with something or take entertainment too seriously.

I could have chosen Zombie by The Cranberries. About those who kept, and indeed keep trying, to keep the Irish troubles going.

But I have gone with an anti-war song, though more the former than the latter for me, which shows how everyone believes they are in the right. There have been many versons of this song but I've chosen to go with the songwriters version although it has the lyrics as he can sometimes be a little incoherent. Bob Dylan - With God On Our Side

2 comments:

Masher said...

Crikey, I see what you mean about 'incoherent'!

I used to really enjoy listening to Zombie.
Never had any idea that it was about the Irish troubles.

Brennig said...

I almost chose a Dylan track (though the Hendrix cover of All Along The Watchtower). I enjoyed this. It's from his bonkers days :-)