Tuesday, June 07, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 7

A Song That I Can Dance To

Once upon a time, in my prime, I would have been able to link to Memphis Soul Stew by King Curtis. My mates and I had a particularly energetic routine based on the moves you see whenever you watch Northern Soul clips. Alas, my ageing knees preclude me from reliving those heady days, the only consolation being that none of those friends can manage it these days either.

My choice therefore has to be something a little more sedate. And it's a song from 23 years ago. Blimey, doesn't time fly! It's by Sannie Charlotte Carlson, although that isn't her stage name. She provided one of those cheesy europop songs that had a group dance to it. And dance I did. And still do when I get the chance.

Saturday Night by Whigfield


3 comments:

Masher said...

No comment.

Brennig said...

Whigfield was arrested, in the summer of 2012, and was charged with committing crimes to music and song-writing. She was tried at the Hague Court of International Justice, and was found guilty, and duly sentenced to death. The sentence was carried out on 14th August 2013 after an appeal of being guilty of all charges but on grounds of diminished responsibility. Her corpse was taken in to outer space by a Russian rocket, and jettisoned in to the sun.

kennamatic said...

You know you are going to wake up in the middle of the night singing this!