Saturday, June 04, 2016

June Music Blogathon - Day 4

A song that reminds me of somewhere.

Really I should be choosing a song to celebrate it being one year today since we arrived here in Loupia. But as of yet there is no song associated with our new home.

So it's another easy choice, and there isn't a cryptic link between the song and where it reminds me of as the title is the place name.

My Dad got remarried in 1985(?) out in Texas and we went out for the wedding. That's the only time I have ever been to the US. We were based in Houston. We had a hire car and one day we went for a drive down the coast and visited the subject of the song. Everytime I hear it now I remember that journey and the town itself.

Today's Choice is

Galveston - Glenn Campbell



2 comments:

Masher said...

Ahh yes, this song has a habit of popping into my head every time I walk down the medicine aisle in Sainsbury's and see a bottle of Gaviscon.

Texas. Sainsbury's. Not much in it :)

Brennig said...

Never been a big fan of Mr Campbell, but Wichita Lineman was always the one of his songs I would willingly listen to.

He's 80 you know? Born in 1936. What changes he must have seen in his life.